It is essential to promptly prepare your Bank Reconciliation and reconcile the transactions of your bank statement to the transactions in your General Ledger. In this way, you will match your cash balance in the bank with your company’s financial records. Bank reconciliation usually occurs at the end of the month; however some smaller companies might perform it daily.
What happens though if you want to edit or delete a transaction that has already been entered and posted in Bank Reconciliation? You should use the Bank Transaction Entry window to void the transaction. The following steps will show you how to void a bank transaction:
- First, open the Bank Transaction Entry window by going to Transactions-Financial-Bank Transactions
- Then choose Void Transaction
- Type or select the checkbook ID for the particular transaction you want to void
- Select or type the transaction number to void and make sure the transaction has been distributed
- Select Void to void the transaction. Now the checkbook has been updated and the distributions have been posted to GL
- Exit from the Bank Transaction Entry window. Notice that the Bank Transaction Posting Journal has been printed. An asterisk (*) will indicate which Transactions have been voided since you opened the window
If you want to learn more about Bank Reconciliation, join WebSan University, WebSan’s comprehensive e - Training solution for Microsoft Dynamics GP. This month’s course on November 28th, focuses on Bank Reconciliation in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Videos, tests and a lot more of interactive documentation will help you understand and apply procedures easily in the convenience of your own time and place.
Doriana Kote, Marketing Assistant, WebSan Solutions Inc., a Channel Elite Awards Winner for 2013