WebSan Blog (113)
Power BI 101 Series: Purchasing Dashboard with Power BI
Join our Webinar and learn how to create a Purchasing Dashboard with Power BI for your business. In this webinar, we’ll be showcasing all the different tables, connections, and calculations needed for this dashboard. Have instant access to accurate and detailed information such as the open PO commitments or purchase orders with line details. View all your key metrics and KPI’s in a single dashboard and drill into them such as the vendor spend by a period. This dashboard is meant to ensure your business can monitor and discover any spending trends.
Date: Wed Dec 19, 2018
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE WEBINAR TODAY!
What’s new in the October 2018 release webinar for Business Central?
Back in October, Microsoft launched a massive update for Business Central and we want to tell you all about it. In this webinar, we’ll be reviewing the updates and demonstrating how they can change the way you run your business. We’re excited to share the newest updates in Business Central and keeping everyone informed of the latest industry news. Some of the updates that we’ll be discussing are:
1.New Search Experience
2.List enhancements and smart list smart list-type functions
3.New G/L entry user experience
Date: Wednesday November 21, 2018
Time: 2:00PM-2:30PM EST
Power BI 101 Series: Sales Reporting Dashboard with Power BI Webinar
In the third part of our webinar series, we’ll be demonstrating how to build a Power BI sales reporting summary from scratch. The sales dashboard will provide not only an overview of your business’s sales performance but also make it easier to drill into sales performance analytics. You will learn all the steps needed to connect your sales data from within Microsoft Dynamics and transfer it into Power BI. Watch us step-by-step as we show you all the calculations needed to make a sales reporting dashboard. By the end of this webinar, we'll show you how to create the following:
1.Sales by Product Line
2.Customer by Location
3.Sales by Customers
4. Top Salespersons
Date: Wednesday November 14, 2018
Time: 2:00PM-3:00PM EST
Join us for the second part of the Power BI 101 series as we drill into how to create a financial dashboard. Displaying financial data on a single dashboard allows you to monitor and optimize any financial trends. In just a few clicks we’ll show you how to create a dashboard using your own financial data.
- View all of your financial data on a single dashboard
- Drill down into specific metrics that are important to your business
- Monitor finances to help with future forecasting
Date: Tuesday October 30, 2018
Time: 11:00AM - 12:00PM EST
Management Reporter provides the flexibility of consolidating financial data across one or multiple organizations in one single report. This report includes a summary (consolidated) report for all companies as well as the option to view a report for each of the companies that you are using on the consolidation.
The simplest method to create a consolidation of all companies is by using a reporting tree. A reporting tree is an optional “building block” that allows you to list all companies to be consolidated. Once the report is generated you will have the option to select any company from the reporting node on the consolidated report.
Viewing Companies Side by Side
The second option for consolidated reports is to show each company side by side. This can also be achieved by defining a reporting tree with all companies and using that reporting tree to assign each company on separate columns.
Consolidated currency translation
Management Reporter also offers the ability to consolidate different currencies in on the report, where users can select at real-time any currency previously setup in each Dynamics GP company. The following items must be set up to achieve currency translation:
The Fixed Assets module for Dynamics GP helps your business improve its asset management by automating the accounting processes surrounding your property. You can use Fixed Asset Management, to set up, enter, and maintain asset records. When necessary, you can add insurance and user-defined information and create additional records for each asset, including investment tax credit information and lease information.
Simplify the depreciation process with modification, recalculation, averaging, comparison and projection capabilities.
Capture asset information in multiple books, allowing depreciation to be tracked under different methods for alternative reporting needs.
Provides accurate and accessible information – capture changes necessary for tax and financial reporting purposes.
Improve efficiency by automatically connecting with Intercompany, Purchasing and General Ledger modules
The Professional Services Tools Library (PSTL) can be implemented in your Microsoft Dynamics GP environment very quickly. This add-on contains a large assortment of 25+ free tools for any business wanting to increase their business productivity. These modules are listed below;
- Database Disabler – Allows the administrator to block users from logging into a company. The company will not appear in the list of companies when logging in to Microsoft Dynamics GP until the administrator unblocks the database.
- Shortcuts Copy – Use this tool to copy the shortcuts options from one user to another user.
- Update User Date – The Update User Date utility automatically updates the user data in Microsoft Dynamics GP to the next date at midnight each day. This is useful if Microsoft Dynamics GP is left running overnight.
- Menu Inquiry Utility – Shows windows that are enabled and visible in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Account Modifier / Combiner – Change a single or multiple account number(s) into new account numbers. Combine all of the open and historical data from two account numbers into one number or combine a range of numbers.
- Checkbook Modifier – Allows the change of an existing checkbook ID to a new checkbook ID.
- Fiscal Period Modifier – Use the Fiscal Period Modifier to change fiscal year definitions and reset data in the open and history tables. See detailed instructions before using this tool. Clicking on Setup Periods button removes previous year’s definitions.
- GL Master Triggers – Keep the account numbers in sync between company databases. Add an account number to one database and it automatically replicates to other assigned databases.
- 1099 Modifier – If the vendor was not set up as a 1099 vendor, can be used to update the records.
- PM Master Triggers – Adds new vendors to additional selected company databases.
- Vendor Combiner – Use the Vendor Combiner tool to combine a current vendor ID with another existing vendor ID.
- Vendor Modifier – Use the Modifier tool to change an existing vendor ID or range of vendors to a new vendor ID. All work, open and history transactions are moved to the vendor ID.
- Vendor Name Modifier – Use this tool to change the vendor name.
- Minimum PO\Receipt Number – Stops Microsoft Dynamics GP from looking backward for unused document numbers.
- POP Cost Defaulter – Defaults the current cost or the standard cost from the item master card instead of from the Item Vendors record.
- Customer Combiner – Use this tool to change or combine customer numbers without any loss of work, open or historical records.
- Customer Modifier – Change the customer name on all work, open and historical records.
- Customer Name Modifier – The Update User Date utility automatically updates the user data in Microsoft Dynamics GP to the next date at midnight each day. This is useful if Microsoft Dynamics GP is left running overnight.
- Receivables Transaction Unapply – Reverses the effect of applying payments, credit memos or returns, even if there are discounts and/or write-offs associated with the document.
- Customer Item Lookup – See prior purchases made by a customer during the sales order entry process.
- SOP PO Number Check – Checks to see if a Customer PO number has already been entered on a sales transaction.
- Inventory Site Modifier / Combiner – Change or combine the current Site / Location Code to a new code without losing any data.
- Item Number Combiner – Combine two items number that were setup for the same item and both were used.
- Item Description Modifier – Change item descriptions on all previously created transactions – including sales orders and purchase orders.
- Item Number Modifier – Change an item number to a new item number.
- Certified Payroll Report – Use the Certified Payroll Report with US Payroll to add a project number to employees’ hourly transactions and track them on a per project basis. This tool will also capture information posted from the Timesheet Entry window in Project Accounting Timesheet Entry. Print these transactions on a weekly report and view employees, departments, job titles and pay codes by project.
- Employee Modifier – This tool allows the user to change an existing employee ID to a new employee ID.
- Fixed Asset Modifier – Change or combine the current Site / Location Code to a new code without losing any data.
- Doc Date Verify – Prevents entry into an undefined fiscal period.
- Default Add Item POP / SOP – Forces new items in the Sales Transaction Entry, Purchase Order Entry, Receivings Transaction Entry and Purchasing Invoice Entry windows to be added as items and not as non-inventory items
- Company Copy – This tool allows the setup and report option information from one company to be copied to another company.