You are using Microsoft Dynamics GP and you’ve already discovered how the system’s capabilities benefit your organization’s performance and growth. Have you ever considered switching from your on-premise accounting system to a hosted solution?
Here are 5 reasons that can convince you to get Hosted Microsoft Dynamics GP:
- Cost-effective – With hosted Dynamics GP you no longer have to worry about purchasing expensive software. Instead, you get a simple subscription based pricing that can help you forecast and manage your costs effectively.
- Scalable – You can easily upgrade, downsize, add and remove users, allowing you to react quickly to changing needs.
- Simplified – Your applications will always be up to date and secure in our state – of – the - art SAS 70 certified data center, in Toronto.
- Flexible – You can access Dynamics GP with your unique login credentials practically anywhere, anytime and on any device.
- Secure – You don’t have to rely on hardware, since if one device is broken you can easily choose a different one, login and continue your work from where you’re left before.
Doriana Kote, Web Marketing Coordinator, WebSan Solutions Inc., an Ontario Business Achievement Award 2014 Finalist
Buying accounting software is a big decision you have to make when the time is right for your company. It’s a harder decision, especially when you’re a small business owner and don’t know much skill about accounting. Some people might wonder if online accounting software is right for them. What I’m going to do is point out the pros and cons of inquiring online accounting software. Hopefully some of these pros and cons will give you an idea if it’s for you or not, make sure you do your research and find the right accounting software for you.
The Pros of using online accounting software:
- Some software can be straightforward to use even though you don’t have much financial knowledge. Their job is to help small business owners with the necessary tools to operate their business.
- It’s easy to make updates because it can be done automatically.
- You can check up on your financials everywhere and anywhere you are because all of your finances are online.
- The software company has online support just in case you have a question.
- Most accounting software’s out here have mechanisms to back up your data so nothing happens to your data.
The Cons of using online accounting software:
- There’s still the risk of hackers getting in the software.
- Make sure you have an up-to-date internet connection because if your computer is running slow, so is your accounting software.
- Having mobility is a good thing to have but be careful if you ever have to log in a public computer or even a friends computer, make sure you log off properly because you don’t want just anyone looking at that information.
By: Natalie Williams, Marketing Coordinator, WebSan Solutions Inc., a Canadian Certified Microsoft Dynamics Partner
I read an interesting article today from Aberdeen research. It went into great detail on what is really driving companies towards SaaS (Software as a Service)/Hosted ERP solutions vs. the traditional On-Premise solutions.
For the record, the number of companies installing On-Premise ERP solutions still far outweighs the number going live with a hosted solution, but that trend is slowly reversing itself.
The number one driver for implementing an ERP in the Small-to-Medium Business market is to reduce costs (no surprise there). Thus the number one impetus which would push a company to invest in ERP is finding an affordable solution at minimal risk. This is where the SaaS model fits in quite well.
SaaS total cost of ownership is less than On-Premise when you consider backups, hardware, IT staff, upgrades and service packs (bug fixes). A lot of companies are looking to outsource providers to host their ERP systems and take care of the "maintenance" of the system that their own staff would traditionally have to handle. The main cost considerations that drive the appeal of SaaS are :
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Reduces the cost and efforts of upgrades
- Lower up front costs
- Company has limited IT staff and no interest in hiring more
- Seeking the best fit solution to their business needs
- No emotional attachment to having it in-house
- Strategy to focus resources elsewhere
Because of these driving factors, the number of companies considering SaaS ERP has jumped 61% from 2009 to 2010 (source : Aberdeen SaaS ERP : Trends and Observations 2010).
WebSan offers both Hosted and On-Premise Dynamics GP, to address the concerns of Clients looking for options.
Please contact us for more information.