Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 was released in the beginning of June. Set to target small to mid-sized businesses, the release brought in new functionality that was unavailable in previous releases. Here are some notable features that the release offers:
1. Ability to Display Debits Before Credits
Under the account transaction reporting options, the debit column is now displayed before the credit column by default. This new feature applies to SmartLists, Excel reports, database tables and views where the reports are based on.
2. Email Capability on All Sales Order Document Formats
For any document format, users now have the email option for all Sales Order documents when printing from the Transaction Entry Window, Print Sales Documents window, and Navigation Lists.
3. Self Service User Tasks
The Self Service user type gives limited access to the system for users who want a more cost effective way to perform tasks such as entering project time and expenses, creating a requisition or entering payroll time. Task and role assignment can now be more efficient as this feature includes Employee Self Service Security Roles that allows the user to filter security tasks for each user type.
4. All in One Document View
Users can now save time searching for information from a purchasing document. The feature allows users to view relating purchasing documents in a single window that can be accessed from the Vendor Maintenance window, Navigation lists and the Home Page. By default, the user’s most recent documents will appear on the window and navigation buttons provide the ability to see the next set of five transactions.
5. Combine General Ledger Inquiry
Inquiry windows have been consolidated in GP 2015 R2’s General Ledger. This feature allows users to view open and historical information within the same window as the Summary Inquiry, Detail Inquiry and Account Summary. Drill-backs and Go-To’s are now displayed in a single window, enabling the user to easily view data instead of having to choose one window over the other.
Linz Tan, Web Marketing Assistant, WebSan Solutions Inc. a 2014 Ontario Business Achievement Award Winner for Service Excellence
The official Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 release is out and available to partners through PartnerSource. The new Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 includes more than 120 new features. As already mentioned before, some of the major changes in GP 2015 include:
- Service Based Architecture (SBA) - offers the ability to centralize and automate the management of your GP system, giving users secure cloud access quickly, upgrading new customers and adding new companies as needed.
- Identity management - enables users to log into their Dynamics GP web client account via the organizational account. This update allows for a single secure log in for access to the GP workspace.
- GP 2015 will also add an Employee Self-Service (ESS) app for time management since Microsoft Business Portal is going to be discontinued.
- Azure procurement
- Apps on multiple platforms.
The Dynamics GP releases will be coming out in six month intervals, so they can deliver new features as soon as possible to clients. The following two releases in 2015 are expected to be named GP 2015 R2 and GP 2015 R3.
If you are curious about seeing Microsoft Dynamics GP in action, try our Microsoft Dynamics GP Interactive Demo.
Doriana Kote, Web Marketing Coordinator, WebSan Solutions Inc., a 2014 Ontario Business Achievement Award Winner for Service Excellence