Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers the ability to streamline your business process through an often overlooked and underutilized feature called Business Process Flows. Business process flows are displayed visually in Dynamics 365 as a heading across the top of an entity form, and can carry from one entity to another, and can be configured for both out of the box and custom entities. Not only that, you are not limited to a single business process flow; you can configure one or more distinct business process flows, allowing different departments to have a flow unique to their daily requirements.
A business process flow is composed of Stages (highlighted in red below), which contain multiple Steps (highlighted in green below). In the business process flow heading, a user can see which stage they are currently working through (which is indicated by the flag), and the steps they need to complete (what fields need to be filled in) before they can advance to the next stage in the process.
Business process flows enable you to require users to complete certain steps before advancing to the next stage of the process. They also allow for branching logic based on data elements collected which may require a different path. There are a couple out of the box business process flows pre-configured for system entities, but you can modify these and create your own business process flows to meet the particular needs identified for your organization.
Create a Business Process Flow:
1. Go to Settings > Processes to create a new Process
2. Select Business Process Flow for the Category
3. Select the entity you want your business process flow to begin in
4. Click on OK and the system will direct you to a new window where you can set up the details of your business process flow
5. You can drag and drop components and properties from the right side of the window to the canvas on the left side.
The Components tab provides the core items which can be defined for the business process flow
- Stage: allows you to differentiate different major stages of your business process
- Condition: allows you to set up criteria and branching considerations
- Data Step: the fields of the entity you wish to include in a given stage
- Workflow: allows you to trigger a workflow at stage entry or exit
The Properties Tab allows you to define the properties associated to the stage/data step/workflow
- Choose the definable element and the display name
- Choose the elements requirement
- For workflow, choose what the trigger is
6. Save and activate your business process flow once you are done with it, and it will now show up on the associated entity form.
7. Be sure to customize your security roles to provide access to the business process flows as needed.
Navigating Business Process Flows
Each entity in Dynamics 365 can have multiple business process flows and you can switch between them by clicking “Switch Process” while in a record. Doing so will display all business process flows available, based on the user’s security role.
As you proceed through the steps within a given stage, and you have completed all required steps, select the “Next Stage” button on the right of the business process flow to advance to the next stage. Be advised that if you have not completed all required steps, you will be prevented from advancing the flag to the next stage.
Directly beside the “Next Stage” button, there is a timer which displays how long ago you began the process, and each stage also displays the amount of time spent in the given stage. These timers provide useful metrics for calculating KPIs and for business intelligence reporting.
Office 365 is one of the most popular applications to make any business go paperless. Companies that use Microsoft O365 suite don’t have to worry about, documents or files getting misplaced. Here are three ways that any business can leverage Microsoft O365.
Flexibility and Scalability
Microsoft O365 is both flexible and scalable for any business. Microsoft O365 is available on a monthly or annual plan and can be scaled to cater to your business. It is very easy to add and remove users. Here at Websan, it can be done by filling in a form on our support page. Microsoft O365 has customized packages available so the right employees and departments access the best tools.
Moving to the Cloud
Microsoft O365 is in the cloud which means updates are done quickly by Microsoft with little to no interruptions. This will ensure that your business is using the latest versions of O365 and your business email and mailbox will never go offline. When O365 is deployed in the cloud, all the licenses will be active at once, making updating quick and secure by Microsoft.
All-in-one Business Solution
Having the right applications for each department will give your company the competitive advantage to stay ahead of the competition. The O365 suite is available on the web, desktop, and mobile devices. It makes it easier for your employees to quickly access their information, by using their Microsoft Account login.
Every business should have the Office 365 experience. No more filing cabinets or loose papers. With O365, your company can go completely digital. Microsoft O365 has multiple plans available to suit your business. Download our cheat sheet today and see what O036 is all about.
CLICK TO VIEW OUR CHEAT SHEET
Dynamics 365 is a sophisticated Microsoft business application, it grants the ability to better manage the relationships of your Sales, Customer Service, Field Service and Operation processes. But how can you access your data while you are out in the field, the internet is down or you are not anywhere near your PC? Dynamics 365 for phones and Dynamics 365 for tablets apps are the solution when you're on the go. These apps give you immediate access to accounts, contacts, opportunities, cases, and so much more!
How to get the App:
Go to the app store on your device and download either Dynamics 365 for phones or Dynamics 365 for tablets, depending on the device you are working with. Both phone and tablet users alike will appreciate the new Unified Interface. The Unified Interface provides an optimized viewing and interaction experience, relative to screen size, device, and orientation.
Accessing the App:
Once you have the app installed, open the app on your device, enter your Dynamics 365 URL (web address), and click the arrow to continue. Next you will be prompted for your user name and password. If you are unsure of any of these values, contact your Dynamics 365 administrator.
Once logged in, you will have access to the components which have been configured for mobile within your organizations environment and fit within the parameters of your security role. You will be presented with Dashboards, Records, and Views, and many other features, which you are already familiar with. You will notice a variance in how the screen renders as compared to your PC, the apps presentation is designed to make it more conducive to the condensed screen real estate, without losing any functionality.
To ensure that confidential information does not end up in the wrong hands, it is simple to sign out of the Dynamics 365 app on your device, tap the ellipses, then choose Sign Out.
Do note the following:
- The Windows Phone app for Dynamics 365 (online) version 9.0. was deprecated as of May 22, 2018. The Windows Phone app will no longer be supported for Dynamics 365 (online) version 9.0. Support for the app on Windows tablets and PCs remains unchanged. You can still use the Windows Phone app for Dynamics 365 version 8.2 and earlier. This is only relevant if you are planning to update to Dynamics 365 version 9.0 and have a Windows phone.
- Dynamics 365 has separate mobile apps for Field Service and Operations.
- Microsoft won’t onboard any additional customers to Mobile offline currently, further notice will be released. This does not affect existing customers who already use mobile offline.
WebSan Solutions Inc. recognized as the winner of the 2018 Microsoft Canada Modern Marketing Innovation IMPACT Award for the Second Consecutive YearWritten by Natalie Williams
WebSan Solutions Inc. is proud to announce that our team has won the 2018 Microsoft Canada Modern Marketing Innovation award. These annual awards recognize Microsoft partners who demonstrate excellence in innovation and implementation of customer solutions based on Microsoft technology. Microsoft prides on having the largest partner ecosystem in the industry, with over 14,000 partners across Canada. Each of these partners play an integral role in unlocking new opportunities for Canadian companies and Microsoft is committed to helping their partner ecosystem build profitable businesses and successfully take their solutions to market.
Microsoft Canada presented these awards in 16 categories on July 16, 2018 at the Microsoft Inspire conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Winners were selected based on the outstanding work the companies provided to their customers and community.
“This year’s IMPACT award winners represent the best and most forward-thinking innovators coming out of our partner community in Canada,” said Suzanne Gagliese, Vice President, One Commercial Partner, Microsoft Canada. “Microsoft’s partner ecosystem plays a fundamental role in driving Canada’s innovation agenda forward, and ultimately strengthening our position as a globally competitive and prosperous country. We congratulate all of the winners on this amazing achievement and their continued dedication to bringing cutting-edge solutions to complex business challenges and providing digital transformation opportunities for our shared customers.”
“To be among great company and win the Modern Marketing Innovation award is such a great honour. For me, it validates the hard work and tireless efforts of our marketing team to achieve outstanding results.
Our accomplishment illustrates our ability to stay ahead of the curve and serves as a testament to all our marketing efforts.” stated Andrew King, Managing Director at WebSan Solutions Inc.
For additional information:
About WebSan Solutions Inc.:
Located in the Greater Toronto Area, WebSan Solutions Inc. is a Microsoft Dynamics Gold Certified Partner and IT consulting and solutions provider. As the Largest Hosting Provider for Microsoft Dynamics in Canada and with over a decade of experience in Enterprise Software solutions, online business and financial accounting software, the experts at WebSan know how to help you transform your business.
About Microsoft Inspire:
Microsoft Inspire is an annual, global convergence of Microsoft’s top partners. It’s where we come together to network, drive business growth and identify new profitability opportunities. This year at Inspire, we will continue to focus on key trends that represent the most profitable models for partners.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Inventory Planning
Do you know what items you currently have on hand? Do you know which items are needed? Join our webinar to see how the inventory planning system works in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
This session will include:
• Extensive inventory planning capabilities for procurement and manufacturing
• Reorder point planning and full MRP
• Planning combination of location and item (stock keeping units)
• Dashboard/Reporting in Power BI
Date: Thursday July 26, 2018
Time: 11:00AM - 11:30AM EST
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE WEBINAR TODAY!
Microsoft Flow, your simple solution for synchronizing data!
Looking for a simple way to synchronize data between the various business applications which you run your business on? Attend our webinar on Microsoft Flow to learn how you can create automated workflows bridging the gap between your business-critical apps and services. Microsoft Flow currently offers over 200 connectors, with new ones being added all the time.
This session will include:
• What is Microsoft Flow
• Available Connectors
• Use Cases
• Creating/Managing a Flow
Date: Wednesday August 1, 2018
Time: 11:00AM - 11:30AM EST
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE WEBINAR TODAY!
Analyze Dynamics 365 data to gauge performance. Recognize trends. Mass edit thousands of records. Share data with someone that is not a D365 User. These business requirements and so much more can be accomplished when you export your data to Excel or Excel Online from Dynamics 365. Plus extracting a large number of records is a non-issue because you can export up to 100,000 records in a single export file.
The Export to Excel feature has proven to be a vital asset in the D365 application over the years due its ease of use, and its obvious connection to Excel. With the continued enhancements in Dynamics 365, and the technology which can be integrated with the application, you can certainly do so much of your data analysis without ever leaving the environment, thereby reducing the need to export your data. Fact is though, so many have come to know, love and depend upon the tools and functions in Excel which bring data to life, thereby making the Export to Excel feature a much-coveted feature still.
Besides the need to extract data for data analysis, the Export to Excel feature carries another extremely valuable purpose. What if you have a query of 10,000 Account records, for example, and want to update the Industry field on all of them to the same value? Sure, you could select a maximum of 250 records per page and mass edit them. But consider this, 10,000 divided by 250, you would need to repeat the process 40 times. And let’s be realistic, out of the 10,000 records, chances are slim you would be modifying the Industry field value to the exact same value for all.
By leveraging the export to Excel function, not only can you view thousands of rows of data at once, you can also update all of them at once too. Data is exported in the same format as you see in your View, so text remains text, numbers remain numbers, and dates remain dates. The cell format in Excel may change for some formatting types, so you will need to be aware of this and be sure to update the affected rows accordingly.
Make any necessary changes in the exported file, and then import the file back into Dynamics 365. Just like that, your 10,000 Account records have been updated in a fraction of the time, and you have significantly reduced the risk of making an error.
Below is a rundown of the export options:
- Static Worksheet: The exported data will not change, what you export is what you get every time the file is opened. This mode of export is most commonly used when data needs to be shared with a non D365 User or when a mass number of records need to be modified
- Dynamic Worksheet: Data contained in the export file will dynamically update based upon changes made in D365 each time the file is opened or refreshed. This mode of export is most commonly used to maintain a file on your local machine allowing you to surface the most up-to-date information without having to access D365. Do note that the file can only be opened and viewed by a D365 user, and the Dynamics 365 for Outlook Client must be installed to refresh data
- Dynamic PivotTable: Similar to the Dynamic Worksheet with the added benefit of viewing your Dynamics 365 data in an Excel PivotTable, allowing you to see patterns and trends in data.
- Excel Online: When you export to Excel Online, the data appears just as it would as if opened in the desktop version. From Excel Online you can quickly manipulate data and push it back into D365 with the click of a button. Another value-add is you can perform ad-hoc analysis on the data, and although you cannot save it back to D365, you can save as a new file for future analysis/reference.
The data export function, enables you to easily manage your data, maintain data integrity, reduce workload and save time!