HOW TO UPLOAD BUSINESS CARDS INTO DYNAMICS 365 FOR SALES
The best thing about Dynamics 365 for Sales is how easy it is to add a lead into the system. Since the only required fields to add a lead are Topic and the Last name this makes it quicker to add a lead into the system. It’s also common for prospects to provide their business cards which can get lost or misplaced amongst other piles of paperwork. With the help of Dynamics 365 for Sales a Business Card can be added into the Dynamics 365 for Sales for safe keeping. Follow the steps below to add a business card into the profile or a new lead or a new contact.
1. Ensure that you’ve been assigned the Common Data Service User role.
2. Login to the Dynamics 365 for Sales environment.
3. Click on the Quick Add Button on the top right navigation pane and click on Lead or Contact.
4. Once the Quick Create pop-up appears click on the Scan Business Card button.
5. If you are accessing Dynamics 365 for Sales using the web browser it will ask you to upload an image of the business card.
6. Select the business card you want to add into the system and then fill in all the missing information. Don’t forget that the only two *REQUIRED fields to create a lead are the Topic and Last Name in order to create a lead. All the other fields can be edited at a later date. Once you’ve filled in all the required information click on Save and Close.
7. So now if we go into our Leads on the right-hand side navigation pane, we can see that the lead has been added into Dynamics 365 for Sales.
8. If you open the newly added lead and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the profile that is where the Business Card is being stored.
How To Create a Lead in Dynamics 365 for Sales
Leads are generated through many different sources, and it can be hard to keep track of them all. To be qualified or disqualified as a future sale a lead must go through the sales process. Dynamics 365 for Sales makes it easier to monitor leads and automate parts of the follow-up process. Get started by learning how to add a lead into Dynamics 365 for Sales.
1.Login to your Dynamics 365 for Sales System
2. Ensure that your Dynamics 365 for Sales dashboard has the sales module open. On the right-hand side, under the sales header, click on Leads.
3. After the leads screen has loaded, on the top navigation pane, click on the +New button.
4. To create a lead, start by filling in the appropriate fields. Start with the lead’s contact and company information. It’s only mandatory to add the topic and the last name on the lead record. The lead can be updated later with the other information if needed.
5. After saving the lead record, the timeline section will be editable. Notes can be added to the record. Click on the Add Note button to save the note.
Build better relationships with Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement
Our Build better relationships with Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement webinar will give you the foundation needed in order to learn more about Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement. See how easy it is to build relationships with CRM data located in an easy to use platform. This data can then be displayed using the Embedded Insights Navigator and then used to improve the current sales process. Attend our webinar and learn about this and other functionality for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement such as:
•Customer Service Hub
•LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Date: February 27, 2019
Time: 2:00PM - 3:00PM EST
It’s vital to capitalize on opportunities and convert leads successfully in order to run a successful business. Relationship selling is a must, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales is there to help. The customer wants to feel appreciated and their business makes a difference. Finding someone to sell them something is easy, but what they really want is someone to guide them to make the best decision. It’s your duty to build rapport with the customer to uncover their needs, and remember, no two customers are ever the same.
As your company continues to grow, this statement will become more and more accurate. New opportunities are always going through the funnel and you need to make sure that you’re ready with the right tools to assist all the new and existing customers. Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales allows you to create individual records for each of your opportunities. This allows you to follow-up with your customers in real-time and makes sure you capitalize on all opportunities, so none fall through the cracks.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales allows you to create profiles for each opportunity and then organize them accordingly. Once the opportunity has been created, you can document and record all of the interactions, notes, and reminders you might need to re-engage in the future. No matter where the opportunity is in the sales process, tasks and events can be crated on the spot to remind you when to reach out to the customer again.
Having a Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales system in place will help your company not only organize your leads but make sure to capitalize on each opportunity. If you wish to take a test drive of this system, please visit our free CRM demo http://www.websan.com/demo/dynamics-crm and see what this system can do.
Crystal Williams, Web Marketing Assistant, WebSan Solutions Inc.,a 2017 Microsoft Modern Marketing Innovation Award Winner
WebSan Solutions is taking their Dynamics curriculum to the next level, by offering training in Dynamics CRM!
We’ve received a lot of praise from the Dynamics community for our GP course catalogue, so we decided to create a CRM training catalogue.
Our Learning Management System provides you with interactive material, such as videos, tests, documents as well as video conferencing that will accelerate the process of learning Microsoft Dynamics.
Get trained in WebSan University and gain the skills needed to help your businesses automate their customer relationship management.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Overview
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM – Sales Module
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM – Dashboard, Charts and Views
- More courses coming soon!
Get Our Special Offer:
Natalie Williams, Marketing Manager, WebSan Solutions Inc., an Ontario Business Achievement Award 2014 Finalist
Looking beyond the dozens of features that various CRM Systems have to offer, there are specific features which your CRM system must adequately provide to ensure your business is able to attract and retain customers successfully. Here are 5 CRM Features your company needs and should look out for:
Your CRM System should give your employees access to customer information remotely from any location and device. Remote access is critical to obtain real-time information as well as provide your employees a way to update your CRM system with vital information on clients and partners.
If you are a company where there is an overlap between departments in terms of roles and responsibilities, it would be easy for the wrong person to gain access to confidential information from your CRM system. It's important to put in measures which monitor what information is accessed through your CRM system. Additionally, encrypted access and a secure server is important if you're remotely accessing your company's real-time information from your CRM system.
Your CRM system should aid your company in improving customer service, resolving customer issues, tracking customer behavior, among other areas your company can gain critical insight.
Your solutions partner should customize your system with all the unique applications and add-ons to fit the growing needs of your company. Bear in mind that your CRM system should last for years and keep pace with modern technology.
Your CRM system should be customized to generate reports to help your business make decisions that are based on real-time information and facts. It's important to have a CRM system that will generate reports periodically so that you stay up-to-date on the business activities of your company.
Considering how to implement a CRM System?
Nilofhar Zarif - Kadir, Web Marketing Assistant, WebSan Solutions Inc., a 2014 Ontario Business Achievement Award Winner for Service Excellence
There is much heated debate about CRM systems in the marketplace. Many companies have invested thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars into a new CRM system that the sales reps won't touch with a 10-foot pole.
The funny irony is that all companies have customers and all companies have some way of keeping information in a spreadsheet or accounting system of who their customers are and some characteristics of that customer. So why is it so difficult for companies to make the quantum leap forward to formalize their CRM processes?
What companies need to keep in mind when looking to formalize their CRM practices with an investment in technology is that the technology should facilitate their sales process and improve key sales metrics like:
- suspect to lead close ratios
- sales revenue per rep
- more effective use of marketing $
We specialize in both Salesforce.com and MS Dynamics CRM. Both are very capable systems, but what makes the difference is how the system is implemented and how it is inculcated into the organization to maximize adoption of the new system.
Contact us if you're thinking about an investment in CRM and we can help!