HOW TO UPLOAD BUSINESS CARDS INTO DYNAMICS 365 FOR SALES
The best thing about Dynamics 365 for Sales is how easy it is to add a lead into the system. Since the only required fields to add a lead are Topic and the Last name this makes it quicker to add a lead into the system. It’s also common for prospects to provide their business cards which can get lost or misplaced amongst other piles of paperwork. With the help of Dynamics 365 for Sales a Business Card can be added into the Dynamics 365 for Sales for safe keeping. Follow the steps below to add a business card into the profile or a new lead or a new contact.
1. Ensure that you’ve been assigned the Common Data Service User role.
2. Login to the Dynamics 365 for Sales environment.
3. Click on the Quick Add Button on the top right navigation pane and click on Lead or Contact.
4. Once the Quick Create pop-up appears click on the Scan Business Card button.
5. If you are accessing Dynamics 365 for Sales using the web browser it will ask you to upload an image of the business card.
6. Select the business card you want to add into the system and then fill in all the missing information. Don’t forget that the only two *REQUIRED fields to create a lead are the Topic and Last Name in order to create a lead. All the other fields can be edited at a later date. Once you’ve filled in all the required information click on Save and Close.
7. So now if we go into our Leads on the right-hand side navigation pane, we can see that the lead has been added into Dynamics 365 for Sales.
8. If you open the newly added lead and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the profile that is where the Business Card is being stored.
How To Create a Lead in Dynamics 365 for Sales
Leads are generated through many different sources, and it can be hard to keep track of them all. To be qualified or disqualified as a future sale a lead must go through the sales process. Dynamics 365 for Sales makes it easier to monitor leads and automate parts of the follow-up process. Get started by learning how to add a lead into Dynamics 365 for Sales.
1.Login to your Dynamics 365 for Sales System
2. Ensure that your Dynamics 365 for Sales dashboard has the sales module open. On the right-hand side, under the sales header, click on Leads.
3. After the leads screen has loaded, on the top navigation pane, click on the +New button.
4. To create a lead, start by filling in the appropriate fields. Start with the lead’s contact and company information. It’s only mandatory to add the topic and the last name on the lead record. The lead can be updated later with the other information if needed.
5. After saving the lead record, the timeline section will be editable. Notes can be added to the record. Click on the Add Note button to save the note.