It's that time of the year again! The wave 1 release for Microsoft Dynamics 365 has been launched. The release includes hundreds of new features and innovations across the Dynamics 365 applications from April 2021 through September 2021.
Here is a highlight of a few top features that will offer new capabilities and added functionality for your business.
Dynamics 365 Sales
- The latest release wave of updates enables Dynamics 365 Sales users a new mobile experience for sellers that provides quick & easy real-time access to important customer information whenever or wherever they need it with the Dynamics 365 Sales Hub app
- Conversation intelligence will provide insights on top of video calls and calls with multiple participants. New filters in the deal manager workspace will allow sellers to easily find opportunities by searching, quickly setting a column filter, or choosing a time-based slicer.
- A new pipeline manager workspace now creates a personalized area for sellers to quickly view and interact with their sales pipeline bringing a more intuitive and streamlined way of working.
Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Updates to Dynamics 365 Marketing focuses on delivering deeper personalization and more channels to engage and reach your customers. Improved targeting using AI-generated segments allowing you to target high-value customers.
- With the 2021 release, Microsoft has improved the processes between Business Central and Microsoft Teams and has also strengthened the solution's Excel and Outlook plug-ins.
- Increased channels to reach your customers now include the ability to create and send SMS messages to any mobile phone.
- New built-in analytics dashboards and cross-journey insights In real-time allows you to monitor your customer journeys and channel KPIs.
Dynamics 365 Finance
- Dynamics 365 Finance continues to bring intelligent automation to users. This release brings an intelligent cash flow offering to public preview with automation based on predictive results. Microsoft has harnessed the power of AI into finance processes to help organizations make quick and informed business decisions.
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management expands on inventory and logistics scenarios providing a single, organization-wide source of truth for inventory quantity-on-hand with the Inventory Visibility Add-in
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations delivers rich new experiences with the ability to forecast, use, and invoice non-stocked materials on projects.
Dynamics 365 Customer Voice
- Dynamics 365 Customer Voice adds rich insights by feeding real-time survey data into customer records. Dynamics 365 Customer Voice provides an easy-to-use interface for creating surveys to generating actionable insights based on customer feedback, with minimal setup time.
We recommend reviewing the full release plan for applications that you use in detail: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365-release-plan/2021wave1/
Once you have gone live with Business Central it's important to start looking at additional modules and custom offerings that allow you to streamline your business processes. We will have a look at a selection of our own apps and third-party apps which can improve your user experience and increase company productivity. Utilizing these apps can assist your business by improving inventory management, facilitating transactions between trading partners, increasing employee productivity, and creating reports in real-time.
Our Barcode Scanning App for WMS is designed to help your business become more productive. This application will improve your inventory management, picking accuracy, and warehouse efficiency. Put an end to frequent overages, shortages, and stock-outs and improve your inventory control. We can also customize the app for customizations done in Business Central
Using an EDI connector will ensure that you can facilitate painless transactions amongst many trading partners. This tool is used by many businesses to carry out their business operations with efficiency in less time. EDI365 works to make transmitting standard business documents easy and simple. We have experience working with trading partners such as Wayfair, Walmart, Amazon, and Home Depot. With the help of our EDI365, business processes can be executed at a much faster rate compared to the traditional method of sending information through email.
Our Moniroo Time Management app for Dynamics 365 Business Central is here to increase your employees' productivity and your company's profitability. The app allows you to manage all your employee’s time in Dynamics 365 Business Central, while users use Moniroo to input their timesheets. We provide core PSA functions that include time management, expense management, and more. Moniroo was designed to help streamline business operations and optimize efficiency.
Jet Reports/ Jet Hub (Reporting)
Jet Reports is a business reporting solution built for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central which gives you the flexibility to create reports in real-time. This allows you to get the latest information from your database. Jet Reports integrates into excel allowing you to extract real-time data efficiently while also eliminating errors and risk. Our Team at WebSan can Integrate Jet Report for your business provides a package solution that has over 100+ Core Financial Reports along with the option for building customized reports.
Contact our experts as WebSan so that we can evaluate which additional apps/modules we would recommend specifically to meet your business needs. Whether you are a rapidly growing company looking to automate processes and improve decision making or you are simply looking to gain more control over your business and your information, WebSan Solutions can help you succeed.
As organizations figure out what to do with their infrastructure, many companies that currently have Dynamics GP are deciding whether they want to migrate to Dynamics 365 Business Central or stay On-premise. Moving to a cloud-based ERP solution gives your business the flexibility to scale up or down, increase collaboration, accessibility and cuts out the high cost of hardware.
The decision to migrate from GP to Business Central is based on several factors can that include accessibility, cost savings, add-ons, and an updated modern user interface. Here is a comparison of both ERP solutions based on the criteria mentioned above:
1. Cloud vs On-Premise
Business Central is a cloud-based solution, which means you can access the software anywhere, anytime, from any device. Upgrades are managed by Microsoft and rolled out automatically with no installation required. In comparison, Dynamics GP was designed to be an on-premise solution, and upgrades need to be done manually.
With a monthly subscription-based model, Business Central has a lower cost of entry than Dynamics GP. In comparison, Dynamics GP is purchased through perpetual licensing, with the software paid up-front, along with a yearly maintenance fee.
Business Central’s extended functionality and add-ons are closely equivalent to Dynamics GP, with the difference being a diverse range of third-party apps for immediate download via AppSource. The Dynamics GP base package includes core financial and distribution functionality. There are also three additional packages available to extend functionality for manufacturing, services, customizations, and advanced payroll/HR
4. Integrations and User Interface
Business Central is developed to integrate with Power BI to create robust, visual dashboards effortlessly. Dynamics GP can integrate with Power BI, but it requires a customized implementation that can be costly.
Our team of experts at WebSan can help your company make the right decision. We offer comprehensive planning, training and transition pricing for companies looking to migrate to Business Central from Dynamics GP.
Learn more: https://www.websan.com/microsoft-dynamics/dynamics-gp-to-business-central-migration
In this webinar, Andrew King and Ryan Bennett provide an introduction into Jet Reports and Jet Hub. The discussion features an overview of Jet Reports and Jet Hub, overview of our offering and an in-depth look into sample reports/demo of Jet Reports.
Jet Reports is a business reporting solution built for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central which gives you the flexibility to create reports in real-time. This allows for you to get the latest information from your database. Additionaly Jet Reports integrates into excel allowing you to extract real-time data efficiently while also eliminating errors and risk.
Jet Hub is an Information Management System that allows business users access to their business reports using virtually any device through a simple web interface. Jet Hub is a complete report management system that can quickly locate the report you are after and additionally allow you to share reports within a secured and governed way . There is also an option to automate the report distribution on a regular basis.
Integrating Jet Report for your business provides a package solution that has over 100+ Core Financial Reports along with the option for building customized reports. With Jet Reports, there are no hard-coding or programming skills required so your team can explore data and create or modify reports on their own. With controlled spreadsheets, organized workflows, and built-in collaboration, it is proven to enhance productivity company-wide.
For a detailed look at the Core Financial Jet Reports, click the link: https://www.websan.com/images/Implementation/Business-Central-Implementation-Reports.pdf