Jobs 103: Setting up a Job in Business Central
Project Managers that are currently using Business Central should register for this webinar! Join the Dynamics 365 Business Central Jobs Webinar Series, Jobs 103: Setting up a Job in Business Central. This webinar will be taking a deep dive into the actual project setup. The webinar will be going into great depth about the different variables and settings that are available right out of the box. Learn a few practical applications that any Project Manager can apply to their business. This webinar will be taking place on Thursday March 26, 2020, and demonstrating the following:
• Best practices for project setup (time/materials and fixed fee)
• Setting up WSB elements and task breakdowns for best reporting
• Impact of planning lines setup on budget, costs and revenue
Date: Thursday March 26, 2020
Time: 2:00PM - 3:00PM EST
HOW TO UPLOAD BUSINESS CARDS INTO DYNAMICS 365 FOR SALES
The best thing about Dynamics 365 for Sales is how easy it is to add a lead into the system. Since the only required fields to add a lead are Topic and the Last name this makes it quicker to add a lead into the system. It’s also common for prospects to provide their business cards which can get lost or misplaced amongst other piles of paperwork. With the help of Dynamics 365 for Sales a Business Card can be added into the Dynamics 365 for Sales for safe keeping. Follow the steps below to add a business card into the profile or a new lead or a new contact.
1. Ensure that you’ve been assigned the Common Data Service User role.
2. Login to the Dynamics 365 for Sales environment.
3. Click on the Quick Add Button on the top right navigation pane and click on Lead or Contact.
4. Once the Quick Create pop-up appears click on the Scan Business Card button.
5. If you are accessing Dynamics 365 for Sales using the web browser it will ask you to upload an image of the business card.
6. Select the business card you want to add into the system and then fill in all the missing information. Don’t forget that the only two *REQUIRED fields to create a lead are the Topic and Last Name in order to create a lead. All the other fields can be edited at a later date. Once you’ve filled in all the required information click on Save and Close.
7. So now if we go into our Leads on the right-hand side navigation pane, we can see that the lead has been added into Dynamics 365 for Sales.
8. If you open the newly added lead and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the profile that is where the Business Card is being stored.
Jobs 102: Key Concepts and Setup Procedures in Business Central
Join us for the second part of the Jobs webinar series “Jobs 102: Key Concepts and Setup Procedures in Business Central.” In this webinar, we’ll be showing you how to set up the Jobs Module in Business Central. Learn about the key concepts needed in order to set up the jobs module such as:
• Jobs setup and configuration
• Job card options for different project types
• Different transactions that affect job costs
Date: Thursday March 5, 2020
Time: 2:00PM - 3:00PM EST
Jobs 101: Overview of the Jobs Module in Business Central
This is the beginning of a seven-part series that will cover everything you need to know about the jobs module for Business Central. It's designed to help project managers stick to the schedule, budget, and monitor employee efficiency. What used to take multiple programs in order to handle a single project, Business Central has all the modules needed to handle it with one solution. Join our webinar and learn about the following:
• Job module overview
Date: Wednesday January 29, 2020
Time: 2:00PM - 3:00PM EST
What’s New November 2019 for Office 365?
Sheet View in Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel received a GA update which has been called Sheet View. When multiple people are working on a single database everyone is aware that someone made a change. Sometimes you might want to make an edit to make some additional changes for yourself, but you don’t want to disrupt what the other members are working on. You can filter and edit the data in the excel spreadsheet and then select if you want these changes viewable to yourself or to everyone else. If you select the option to make it just for me, you can save these results as a separate view that you can edit later.
Dark Mode for OneNote 2016
Dark mode is available on OneNote for Windows 10, OneNote for iPhone and OneNote for Mac it’s now available on OneNote 2016. If dark mode is already been setup with one of your office apps then OneNote will inherit the mode as well. This dark mode feature is available to all Office 365 subscribers.
November Update for Windows 10
The November updates for Windows 10 have been released. The 1909 version of Windows 10 offers new features such as the Windows Search Experience Explorer. If you wish to install this update search for the Windows Update Setting to download the update.
Microsoft has created 2 new security offering for its higher GCC clients.
Microsoft App Cloud Security: This service is all about offering the highest security for any Apps in the cloud. It provides insights as to who has access to the app and the data that is stored inside them.
Azure Threat Protection: This threat protection can strengthen the business against any possible threats. 90% of breaches are normally due to a previous identity compromise. With Azure Threat, Protection businesses can continue to enhance their security to protect their businesses. These services are available in the GCC high environment so then can contact their partner or a Microsoft representative access to these solutions.
Microsoft Forms now offers a new question type where users can add files in their survey responses. Users will no longer have to follow up with the respondents that submit a survey. When a file is added to a survey it is saved in a OneDrive folder and which can later be tracked and analyzed.
Microsoft Endpoint Manager
Configuration Manager and Intune have been turned into a single product called Microsoft Endpoint Manager. The licensing for Microsoft End Point Manager has been combined to make Intune User Licenses available to Configuration Manager customers that are co-managing Windows 10 devices. This collaboration allows for Configuration Manager to connect to the cloud and allows users to start using Microsoft Endpoint Manager. Any workflows that are on either Android or Apple devices would require additional InTune device.
Microsoft has just released a Sticky Note integration for Microsoft Outlook on the web. Sticky Notes can be created or viewed from within Outlook on the web. This makes it easier than ever to quickly add in any of your new ideas or random thoughts all in one place.
Microsoft Productivity Score
Microsoft Productivity Score will help owners determine how they can work to create a better organization. Using the Microsoft Productivity score will give owners the tools needed to optimize their businesses with real data. Providing an insider look of where it currently stands in terms of productivity. After collecting data about the company this information can be used to answer multiple questions. How is your company communicating internally? What technologies are set in place to create a more productive environment? How can we make the current processes better? All these questions can be answered with the Microsoft Productivity Score. After analyzing the company, it will provide some tips on how to answer these questions and optimize the company.
How to Prepare Your Year-End in Business Central Webinar!
It’s that time of year again! If your business is about to complete the fiscal year-end, then you must register for this month’s webinar! The webinar will be showcasing how to use Business Central to generate your fiscal year-end reports. Watch as we demonstrate the following in this webinar:
Date: Wednesday December 18, 2019
Time: 2:00PM - 3:00PM EST
How To Create a Lead in Dynamics 365 for Sales
Leads are generated through many different sources, and it can be hard to keep track of them all. To be qualified or disqualified as a future sale a lead must go through the sales process. Dynamics 365 for Sales makes it easier to monitor leads and automate parts of the follow-up process. Get started by learning how to add a lead into Dynamics 365 for Sales.
1.Login to your Dynamics 365 for Sales System
2. Ensure that your Dynamics 365 for Sales dashboard has the sales module open. On the right-hand side, under the sales header, click on Leads.
3. After the leads screen has loaded, on the top navigation pane, click on the +New button.
4. To create a lead, start by filling in the appropriate fields. Start with the lead’s contact and company information. It’s only mandatory to add the topic and the last name on the lead record. The lead can be updated later with the other information if needed.
5. After saving the lead record, the timeline section will be editable. Notes can be added to the record. Click on the Add Note button to save the note.